Sunday, October 17

On the topic of food...

This is a free verse poem I wrote in my creative writing class about pizza. My mom told me to post it. Enjoy:
Pizza has many personalities
Cheese doesn’t like change.
Pepperoni follows tradition.
Hawaiian likes to try new things
but isn’t always brave enough.
And then you have the obscure toppings
like peppers and jalapeños and mushrooms
and sardines and onions and meats
who aren’t afraid
of a little flavor or risk.
Those are my favorite people,
the people who aren’t afraid
to be themselves
and aren’t afraid of being rejected
for what they put on their pizza.

2 comments:

  1. I like that you made sure to include that Mom told you to post this haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason it won't let me comment on "Every Kiss is a Promise," but I want you to know that I really like it. So I'm telling you right here.

    ReplyDelete