Sunday, January 26

It's official; I was mistaken for a local by a local.

     You have to love Sundays, aka free days! Today I went with a service project group over to an elementary school west of Jerusalem. We went into a little library with a (6th grade) class and were paired off with two students and a packet of questions to go through to help them practice their English. I was paired with two girls (whose names escape me) and we got through the packet pretty quickly. They're pretty good with their English. We had a lot of time leftover, so we folded some origami and I made them a fortune teller. I wrote questions under the flaps and they had to answer them. It was really fun and I hope we get to go back!
     Afterwards, I went with Matt C and Tabor to Hebrew University next door to use their ATM. It took a while to get onto the campus and then to find the right place but we managed to walk there and back and make it in time for our field trip to "the caves." It was a cave over in Palestine that I'll find the name of and describe later and update this post. Tomorrow we leave for Jordan so I've got some packing to do to prepare!
     Also, when I was sitting at a table full of girls, their teacher came by, said hello to Anna, went to walk away, and then stopped and looked at me. He said he didn't notice me and I blend in. So.

So, the cave. It's called Avshalom, and it's pretty incredible. It was like going to the ice castles except these were rocks. And they're still growing so you aren't allowed to touch any of them and we walk around on this platform. The lighting was really awesome and we oo-ed and ah-ed every time it changed colors. Our tour guide was this really fun lady who showed us all the faces and scenes people have found in the rocks, including Santa Claus, Moses on Sinai, and some animals. In the gift shop we all tried on hats and some of the boys got the ones that cover your neck for kicks and giggles. I bought a Kinder egg that had a little car inside. It was sweet! On the way back to the JC we were on the party bus, I guess, because it was super nice and new and the driver let us plug in Molly's music and we rocked out to some reggae and some pop! It was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment